Per the Governor's order:
The church of Christ in Boise has resumed meeting at the building with caveats (see below)
If you cannot meet with us for any reason, see our Digital Assembly Guide page to see how you can join us online.
Update (July 4, 2020)
In consideration of the Boise Mayor's emergency order to require masks on all people in public, the elders have made some temporary changes to our assemblies. We will update you when we loosen or change the current order of assemblies.
All masks will be required to be worn during the assemblies on Sunday's and Wednesday night bible classes, with a few exceptions; the speaker/leader at the podium, children under the age of five, individuals with health or communication concerns, and to take them off temporarily to partake of the Lord's Supper. We have purchased some extra masks in case someone needs them, 6 adult and 4 kids masks are on the foyer cabinet. We have moved seating further away from the podium as well and given a bit more space around the seating groups. Since everyone will be required to wear masks, we will be shortening the assembly time on Sunday to about one hour total, and we will postpone the adult bible class in the auditorium temporarily. Roger will setup some group classes soon so we can all participate online using some video conference software like Zoom or something similar.
If you have any questions feel free to call, text or email the elders.
Roger, Dave Rich
Update (April 23rd, 2020)
We are planning an assembly at the church building Sunday, May 3rd, assuming no setbacks in current recommendations from government.
- We won't be doing any classes during this first phase.
- We will take a headcount among our members for who will attend May 3rd at 9:30 AM.
- We will organize chairs in our auditorium for each family, spacing each set of chairs 6 feet from the others. We will put a sign on each chair grouping for the assigned family and keep it that way until further changes are made.
- We will be setting chairs out for visitors, too.
- We will be creating Lord's Supper supply packs for each family with their name on the package, so that we aren't passing plates among ourselves at this time. The person who prepares the packages will use sanitary gloves and a mask to prepare them.
- We will have a bin at the stage so people can put their contributions in it, either before or after the assembly, to maintain social distancing recommendations.
- We will stream the entire service on our YouTube channel. You can find all of the details on how to join or online service on our Digital Assembly Guide page.
Using current guidelines from the CDC for phase one, we have set some criteria for those who should not yet join the initial assemblies. We will change the criteria as the situation changes in our society.
We are asking the following persons to still stay home during this first phase:
- If you are 65 or older.
- If you have any health issues that make you more susceptible to this virus.
- If anyone in your household is sick or has been sick within the previous 6 days.
We are asking everyone to bring masks and hand sanitizer and use them as much as possible, especially when walking closer to others. We want everyone to sit down in your spot when you arrive and not mingle in the foyer or free spaces in the building before or after the meeting. Feel free to shout in joy towards each other, just keep the 6-foot distance.
If you plan to come, please email Roger Cox at email@example.com and inform him of how many people will be coming with you so we can get the chairs setup for everyone who can make it.
If you have any questions please let one of the elders know.
Roger, Dave & Rich